If you have a venue you’d like to have activated with a window installation, event, or exhibition, we want to hear from you!Potential venues include spaces in the City of Toronto such as shops, galleries, studios, cafés, schools, and lobbies.
How this works:By applying to this call for host venues, you agree to host a creative project by an artist or designer during Festival Week, January 22-31, 2021. The duration and type of participation is entirely determined by you when you make your application. Here is an outline of options:
- A window installation runs the whole duration of Festival Week, and is visible to the public 24 hours a day from the outside of your venue. Depending on the space, the installation may also be viewable from inside your venue during regular business/gallery hours.
- An event runs one day during Festival Week, for a set period of time. For example, events can include a talk, tour, product launch, film screening, party, or workshop.
- An exhibition runs more than one day during Festival Week. It is open to the public during regular business/gallery hours, and may include a window component. It can start before Festival Week, and end after Festival Week. It may also include an opening or closing reception, or artist/designer’s talk.
Each exhibitor registration includes the following:
- A listing on the online Festival Schedule (one page with up to 6 images, 300-word description, 1 associated reception or other event);
- A listing on the Festival mobile App (one page with up to 6 images, 40-word description, 1 associated reception or other event);
- Inclusion in one ‘What to do’ daily e-newsletter; and
- DesignTO venue signage (e.g. Festival window cling, not project-specific).
DeadlinesAll applications are due Friday, July 10, 2020 by 11:59pm EST.
- Window Installation
Fees (to be paid by host venue)Small businesses (including independent shops, artist-run centres, and private galleries) $250 + HST Large businesses and institutions $325 + HST All fees already include a $25 early bird registration discount. All fees will be invoiced after the designer pairing is confirmed.
- Be a part of Toronto’s diverse design community
- Support the creative work of artists and designers
- Get exposure through the Festival’s website, mobile app, social media, press releases, and e-newsletters
- Meet and build relationships with new artists, designers, educators, curators, and manufacturers
- Engage with a captive audience for less than standard advertising rates