Friday, October 9, 2020
The DesignTO Festival brings people together to celebrate contemporary design across the city January 22-31, 2021.
Join the Festival to become a part of an exciting network of creative people, exhibitions, events, and a captive audience of designers and design-lovers. Last year the Festival had 100+ events and exhibitions across the city with 160K+ visitors. From design talks to experimental installations to prototypes to opening parties and curated exhibitions, the Festival featured the work of over 800 artists and designers.
Independently-produced projects are integral to the Festival’s structure. We welcome all who want to present, discuss, demonstrate, or exhibit design in any field and/or related disciplines.
Exhibitors include artists, designers, design firms, local businesses, academic and cultural institutions, and students. Exhibitors are responsible for arranging their own venue in Toronto, including spaces such as galleries, studios, workshops, cafés, schools, lobbies, and businesses.
Your exhibitor registration includes:
- A listing on the online Festival Schedule (one page with up to 6 images, 300-word description, and associated reception or other events)
- A listing on the Festival mobile app (one page with up to 6 images, 40-word description, and associated reception or other events)
- Inclusion in one ‘What to do’ daily e-newsletter
- DesignTO venue signage (e.g. Festival window cling, not project-specific)
Apply by Monday, August 31, 2020 to receive $25 off your registration fee.
Friday, October 9, 2020 by 11:59pm EST.
Content Deadline (for all listings)
Friday, October 23, 2020 by 11:59pm EST.
- Window Installation
- Digital Project
Solo designer or ad hoc collective
$225 + HST
(including shops, artist-run centres, and private galleries)
$275 + HST
Large businesses and institutions
$350 + HST
All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please expect confirmation by email within one week of submission. Once accepted, payment is required by e-transfer. Institutions have the option to pay by cheque.
Apply by August 31, 2020 and save $25.
- A window installation runs the whole duration of Festival Week, and is visible to the public 24 hours a day from the outside of your venue. Depending on the space, the installation may also be viewable from inside your venue during regular business/gallery hours.
- An event runs one day during Festival Week, for a set period of time. For example, events can include a talk, tour, product launch, film screening, party, or workshop.
- An exhibition runs more than one day during Festival Week. It is open to the public during regular business/gallery hours, and may include a window component. It can start before Festival Week, and end after Festival Week. It may also include an opening or closing reception, artist/designer’s talk, or tour.
- A digital project runs one or more days during Festival Week. It is a project that is experienced entirely online. For example, digital projects can include a talk, film screening, webinar, portfolio showcase, or digital exhibition. Web hosting to be provided by exhibitors.
- Be a part of Toronto’s diverse art and design community
- Show your work to an enthusiastic audience of designers and design-lovers
- Get exposure through the Festival’s website, mobile app, social media, press releases, and e-newsletters
- Meet and build relationships with new artists, designers, educators, curators, and manufacturers
- Explore new ideas
- Add to your brand capital by self-producing your own programming
- Engage with a captive audience for less than standard advertising rates