Tucked into the lobby of 30 St. Clair West is an art installation, a whimsical haven and a welcome respite from winter’s cruelty. Visitors are greeted by this oversized malleable textile cascading between the columns.
‘ILLUMINESCENT’ draws people to come in, escape the quotidian and contemplate the ephemeral on their journey through the lobby. The fluidity of the form invites people to interact with it, igniting a sense of wonder within visitors.
Experientially, everyone engaging with the installation impacts the art and is integrated into the creative process. The design is manifested through the celebration of togetherness and active connection of the community, continuing the festive atmosphere as it brings warmth and joy.
Gensler and Slate are in collaboration for the creation of this art installation.
DesignTO x Yonge + St. Clair
‘ILLUMINESCENT’ is one of 6 projects in the Yonge + St. Clair BIA, a dynamic neighbourhood in midtown Toronto. During the DesignTO Festival, you are invited to explore the area while checking out the large-scale installations.
- Northern Radiance by Asli Alin at the 2 St. Clair Avenue East
- Weaving the Light by D.A.R. Proyectos at 2 St. Clair Avenue West
- ILLUMINESCENT by by Gensler at 30 St. Clair Avenue West
- Divining (A Long Story V) by Lauren Pirie at 40 St. Clair Avenue West
- Things I Find Unimaginable by Jordan Sook at 55 St. Clair Avenue West
- void by Guillermo Juarez at 95 St. Clair Avenue West
On Saturday, January 28, join us for ‘DesignTO Tours: Stop. Look. Think.‘ featuring Asli Alin, D.A.R. Proyectos, and Lauren Pirie.