Volunteer with DesignTO, a non-profit arts organization. Help us to further our mission of advancing design culture in Canada through our many programs.
Volunteers are important to DesignTO’s activities. They bring skill, time, and enthusiasm to the organization or to a program.
We are looking for volunteer photographers for the Festival, January 22-31, 2021!
If you’re interested in networking, design, art, event planning, and customer service we invite you to express your interest via the form link below. Most volunteer shifts take place on weekdays (evenings) and on weekends (during the day and evening).
This is a team of photographers that will act as the primary source of documentation during Festival Week. Festival photographers will be responsible for documenting assigned Festival events, signage, venues, and people. Photographers must have their own equipment, and be available to photograph at least 3 events. If you’re interested please email [email protected] with a link to your portfolio.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be releasing an open call for volunteer roles, including the following: Docents/Greeters, Event Registration, Festival Party Coat Check, Party Setup and Strike, Party Runners, Bartenders/Servers, and Festival Promotion.
As our plans for the January 2021 Festival unfold, volunteer opportunities will be posted here. Stay tuned.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Learn about and experience Toronto’s vibrant design and art culture
- Support our mission to advance design culture in Canada
- Network and make friends who share your interests
- Gain work experience or volunteer hours
- Attend the Volunteer Appreciation Event after Festival Week
- Receive a free 1-year DesignTO Community Membership, valued at over $350, after completing 3 shifts during Festival Week*
*Volunteers receive their Community Membership in March 2021 after they fully complete 3 shifts, arrive on-time, and uphold the volunteer Code of Ethics.