Discover why Danish design remains desirable.
Explore Danish classic and contemporary design from Carl Hansen & Son, Fritz Hansen, Georg Jensen, PP Mobler, Erik Jorgensen, Muuto and others.
Two studios at 245 Davenport — Hollace Cluny and TORP — showcase masterpieces of mid century and contemporary furniture and design.
A visiting silversmith from Georg Jensen in Denmark will be working on site producing the famous Swan pitcher in sterling silver.
Join us for a feature lecture on the foundation and evolution of Danish design by Karina Svensgaard, a visiting seasoned authority on this topic.
At the same time, let your senses enjoy the beauty and comfort of some of the best of Danish design ever produced.
This exhibition is coordinated by the Danish Consulate General.
Danish Desire in Canadian Design Panel
Mon, Jan 20, 5:30–8:30pm
- Dr. Michael Prokopow, OCAD. Michael curated the True Nordic exhibit at the Gardiner Museum two years ago together with Rachel Gotlieb.
- Kelly Buffey, principal Akb Architects
- Joanne Chan, Principal, SDI Interior Design and Project Coordination
- Karina Svensgaard, Export Manager PP Mobler
- Sherri Simko, Director North America, Carl Hansen & Son.