The human experience is filled with moments, connections, glances, and conversations; interactions that are ephemeral and invisible, happenings that rarely get stored in our memories. Although, those events are the fine threads that weave our intricate social fabric and sit at the centre and inspiration of ‘void’. An attempt at rendering visible these events, offering the witness a gaze by translating these interactions, and instants into physical vectors that bridge our lives.
As mentioned, this installation pivots and highlights the anthropoid experience, celebrating the valuable platforms that act as a stage to create, expand, and scale these unique opportunities. Ultimately, offering a moment to step back, and savour the present experience granted by efforts such as the platform that houses the event itself.
DesignTO x Yonge + St. Clair
‘void’ is one of 6 projects in the Yonge + St. Clair BIA, a dynamic neighbourhood in midtown Toronto. During the DesignTO Festival, you are invited to explore the area while checking out the large-scale installations.
- Northern Radiance by Asli Alin at the 2 St. Clair Avenue East
- Weaving the Light by D.A.R. Proyectos at 2 St. Clair Avenue West
- ILLUMINESCENT by by Gensler at 30 St. Clair Avenue West
- Divining (A Long Story V) by Lauren Pirie at 40 St. Clair Avenue West
- Things I Find Unimaginable by Jordan Sook at 55 St. Clair Avenue West
- void by Guillermo Juarez at 95 St. Clair Avenue West
On Saturday, January 28, join us for ‘DesignTO Tours: Stop. Look. Think.‘ featuring Asli Alin, D.A.R. Proyectos, and Lauren Pirie.