We are on a journey to breaking the cycle of disposable design and looking for new ways to learn and evolve our practices—one being through the power of collaboration by connecting with other design disciplines who share the same values.
On January 27, 2023, we welcome you into our King Street East showroom to enjoy a cocktail reception and conversation on mindful manufacturing in design, fashion, and architecture.
Maryam Siddiqi (Editor/Writer) will be moderating a captivating discussion with Enri Tielmann (Chief Design Officer at EQ3), Mackenzie Yeates (CBO of Kotn), and Jackson Wyatt (CEO of Cabn). They will be speaking to the practices they have adopted to ensure a kinder future for our planet and where they think the industries are headed.
Discover an art installation crafted with enthralling florals by Susannah van der Zaag of Bloem and enjoy live music by DJ GIMMEMAR. Indulge in seasonal hors d’oeuvres by Lindsey Shaw Catering and sip on biodynamic, organic wines by The Living Vine.
Each guest will leave with a complimentary gift bag.
We look forward to bringing the design community together for a captivating evening – see you soon.
This event is part of the King East Design District Party presented by DesignTO. When you RSVP for the EQ3 event, you will be registered for the KEDD Party.
DesignTO x KEDD
‘MINDFULLY MADE’ is one of 10 projects in the King East Design District (located in Old Town Toronto), a neighbourhood running along King Street East, from Church Street to Parliament Street. During the DesignTO Festival, you are invited to visit exhibitions, workshops and talks hosted in the showrooms of select local businesses.
- External Influences by Charlotte Blake at Daltile | Mohawk Group (160 King Street East)
- Tête-à-Tête: A Portrait Exhibition at Beauchamp Art Gallery (167 King Street East)
- MINDFULLY MADE at EQ3 (222 King Street East)
- Democracy in Motion by by ARCTRN Group at Aquavato’s future showroom (158 Front Street East; west side of Sherbourne Street, north of Front Street)
- bulthaup X Carl Hansen & Søn: ‘The Sound of Design’ at bulthaup Toronto (280 King Street East)
- Octet Truss w/ Snake by Jamie Wolfond Studio at bulthaup Toronto (280 King Street East)
- digitalSTRUCTURES: Data and Urban Strategies of the Civic Future by Wendy W. Fok at Relative Space (330 King Street East)
- United by Design, Detroit x Toronto: A tale of two design cities by Design Core Detroit and Cambria at Cambria Gallery (91 Parliament Street)
- Toller Cranston – The Painter: An Exhibition of Original Works at Cambria Gallery (91 Parliament Street)
- Make the Invisible Visible: A BMD Data Visualization Hackathon at Bruce Mau Design Studio (340 King Street East, Suite 500)
On Friday, January 27, join us for King East Design District Party presented by DesignTO, a roaming neighbourhood party anchored by five Party Hubs. The KEDD Party is a must-attend bash, bringing together hundreds of designers and design-lovers.