‘excerpts from the little table project’ consists of several small tables made during the quiet times of the pandemic. These pieces further our interest in steam bending as a means of creating two dimensional surfaces using linear elements. Variability is introduced into the surface pattern despite the repetition of the same process over and over. The tables are built without design drawings and decisions are made at the moment of production as each wood element is steamed. As a result, they are similar to painting or drawing as one line is determined in relation to the last.
DesignTO in the Trinity Bellwoods BIA
‘excerpts from the little table project’ is one of 10 projects in the Trinity Bellwoods BIA, a vibrant neighbourhood running along Dundas Street West between Bathurst Street and Trinity Bellwoods Park. During the DesignTO Festival, you are are invited to walk Dundas Street West as a gallery, exploring the neighbourhood and seeing work from artists and designers in businesses’ storefronts and windows.
- Unseen Interiors by Angela Cho at Milky’s
- excerpts from the little table project by John Booth at bookhou
- exhaust by Marcelline Siu at Dirty Laundry
- Experimental Collage – Series 3 by Warren Steven Scott at Comrags
- What Was, Now Is by Hilary Arellano & Holly Chang at Capri Shoes
- Eating Cherries, Braiding Hair by Elena Mahno at Sovereign State
- Language Structures by Paul Aloisi at Worth Gallery
- Cafe Curtains by Jennifer Coghill at Hamers Coffee
- Nọrọ: Sit & Stay by Chuma Asuzu at Saving Grace
- The Bar Stool by Salva Modarres at Northern Belle
On Sunday, January 29, join DesignTO for ‘The Lifecycle of Objects‘ featuring Angela Cho, Hilary Arellano and Marcelline Siu at the Trinity Community Recreation Centre.